Being a gamer and a technical person I like how the market is rapidly increasing every couple of months. I have taken 3 online courses at Boston College and have enjoyed them immensely. Immersive Education is a great tool especially to students that don't have the time to commute all the time to campus.
10 years from now I can't even begin to imagine the progress that will have be made. In 2018 if the inflation and the rates of Colleges still increasing people will be looking for a cheaper more effective way to learn; and that happens I believe a surge in online colleges will boom. Programs like ImmersiveEducation.org will be in the fore front of this movement. By that time Second Life will be bug free and running high definition quality graphics with out freezing or slowing down the cpu process. It will be called SLX (Second Life 10.0) and avatars will be like email address everyone will have multiples.
If technology doubles in power and capability every 12 months, then we will be in an age like the matrix where we learn how to do something by just getting it loaded into your brain. Hopefully nothing that graphic but something like an upload and we will have instantly mastered a subject or an art. But seriously, textbooks will no longer be used and all course material will be online.
So for all you reading this blog what are you waiting for, get Immersed!!http://immersiveeducation.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment